- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DHL is hiring a Legal Counsel to our team in Westerville, OH. As a valued member of the DHL corporate legal department, you will provide employment law legal services including research, investigation, and management of administrative charges, client counselling, reporting and other services. You will maximize legal department efficiencies and use of attorney time in all types of employment and human resources related legal services and advice to the organization’s business in North America.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
· Practices predominately in the area of employment law.
· Prepares responses to employment related claims (EEOC, OSHA, DOL, etc.), undertaking research and investigatory projects, procuring documents, drafting communications, and preparing responses to discovery.
· Supports the business in handling of employment-related matters involving associates in North America.
· Prepares and maintains litigation-related reports, legal library/forms and documents, files and statistics, including tracking of litigation costs.
· Assists in ensuring the legal needs of internal clients are identified and addressed in a proactive and timely manner.
· Identifies processes and issues that need escalation for more senior attorney input and resolution.
· Researches, analyzes, and interprets case law, court reports, and proposed existing laws and regulations to provide advice and counsel to the organization, prepare litigation-related documents, support contract preparation and ensure corporate compliance.
The required skills you bring to this exciting opportunity are:
· Bachelor’s Degree and Law Degree
· Membership in at least one state bar (in good standing), with the ability to become a member of the Ohio bar
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with private law firm or corporate legal department environment or government (or any combination thereof) in employment law
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
- lawyers and attorneys
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.