- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Legal Fall 2019 Internships – Universal City, CA
Legal Internships exist within the following business areas:
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Business & Legal Affairs
Cable Legal Affairs
Legal, Creative Content Protection
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
Review and analyze entertainment contracts, research rights/obligations and other contractual issues, draft general documents, prepare memoranda and correspondence, and various special projects as needed
Research and review talent and above the line crew agreements to determine likeness and credit or guild agreements
Business & Legal Affairs:
Read deal memos, agreements and other correspondence, abstract fee information, and input the data into Salesforce.
Exposure to product licensing, contract drafting, talent and property rights research, as well as various other areas of law that affect Universal Brand Development
Manage special projects, such as research assignments and/or reviewing legal contracts/other documents for specific provisions and terms. Help with data input into specialized databases and excel documents. Learn the function of a BA negotiator for studio/network by attending department meetings and listening in on negotiations. Learn elements of ATL talent deals
Cable Legal Affairs:
Assist with many aspects of unscripted production and contracts work. Large focus will be generating first drafts of agreements, including producer and talent agreements. Assist with special projects, including conducting legal research and writing memoranda based on the research, helping to improve and streamline the group’s form agreements, and other long-term projects to help make the processes and procedures of the legal affairs team more efficient
Legal, Creative Content Protection
Software development and research
• In pursuit of a Juris Doctor degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019
• Fall Program Dates: September - December 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Must be enrolled in a Juris Doctor program at an accredited law school and have completed at least one year
• Classes or experience in copyright and contracts law preferred. Trademark law also a plus.
• Use of various applications/systems: Smartsheet, Onit, IRIS, ELF, DMS
• Desired Characteristics: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in fast paced environment, attention to detail and a sense of confidence and discretion; knowledge of entertainment and copyright law helpful; must be able to work both in a team environment and independently.
Sub-BusinessCampus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.