- Entry level
- Salary $19.00 - $29.00 gross per hour
- El Centro
We’re searching for a LVN (Health Assistant) to provide administration and implementation of Early Head Start (EHS) health and nutrition program services to EHS families. You will be responsible for overseeing and directing program staff to ensure our clients receive quality services.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with young children and their families in under served areas. They should be professional courteous, responsible, well-organized and be comfortable scheduling and conducting home visits. Lastly, this individual should be able to organize case files and submit regular reports to staff.
• Case management of children’s health status such as weight and immunization records
• Assesses and educates families on all Early Head Start program service options including health and nutrition services.
• Conducts home visits and monthly inspections of child centers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be currently licensed by the State of California as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
• Must be able to pass fingerprints, criminal investigation screening, TB and health screening
• Must have valid driver's license and must meet insurance guidelines established by the Corporation.
• Must be CPR/First Aid certified.
• Must have ability to read, write and speak in English. Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask with great follow-up skills
• Must have the ability to maintain knowledge of Title 22 Licensing regulations, and Head Start Performance.
• Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office 2000.
Applications are only accepted online.
This employer participates in e-Verify.
About the company
For nearly 120 years, Volunteers of America has been the charity to step forward and help the most vulnerable in communities across the United States. Volunteers of America, Southwest inspires hope through its ministry of service by providing individuals and families with the tools they need to improve their quality of life.
We operate twenty- eight human service programs in the areas of education and social development of young children, treatment and rehabilitation, housing, veterans and aging services.
Each year, more than 16,000 lives are changed through our services. Our programs are located in San Diego, Imperial, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. To learn more, visit us online at http://www.voa-swcal.org/