- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $11.40 gross per hour
Posted 11-08-19 (2019-128)
Open Until Filled
Up to 35 hours per week
Apply at http://www.durangogov.org/jobs
City of Durango
Job Title: Lift Operator
Reports to: Recreation Supervisor
Department: Parks and Recreation
Revision Date: December 2007
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-exempt
Prepare and maintain the lift service area and provide safe loading and use of ropes tows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Attend required staff meetings and all training sessions.
2. Ensure required signage is placed at loading and exit areas.
3. Maintain entrance area for safe loading of lifts.
4. Meet, greet and check for tickets.
5. Check safety gates for proper operation.
6. Complete daily operators check list.
7. Responsible for reading daily announcements in Pavilion prior to scheduled shift.
8. Report to work on time, and leave work after all tasks are completed.
9. Report and discuss any problems with Recreation Supervisor.
10. Submit all reports on time to the appropriate person.
11. Dress appropriately for all activities.
12. Maintain equipment and supplies.
13. Thorough cleaning of all areas at the end of each day.
14. Administer appropriate first aid, then immediately submit an accident report form to the Recreation Supervisor for any accidents or emergencies.
1. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Operations, services, and activities of City Parks and Recreation programs.
Appropriate techniques for dealing with conflict resolution and disputes.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Operate required equipment.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
Maintain mental capacity that allows the capability of effectively interacting and communicating with others.
Education or Formal Training and Licenses:
Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license. May transport children via mini bus or mini van.
Possession of or ability to obtain, CPR, AED and 1st Aid certifications.
Prefer knowledge of ski hill operations.
Outdoor recreational facilities, may work in or around water and slippery surfaces as well as very cold temperatures.
Periods of mobility with light and heavy physical activity.
Ability to effectively interact with other individuals (co-workers, public, children, etc.);
Ability to bend, stoop, stretch, reach, carry, grasp and turn objects;
Ability to climb stairs; and stand, sit and walk for up to 60 minutes at a time;
Acceptable eyesight to read printed material & a computer monitor and to operate office equipment;
Acceptable hearing to communicate with others in person or through telephonic means;
Acceptable verbal and conversation skills to effectively communicate with others via the phone, and in person;
Ability to use operate a motor vehicle for transportation to & from other City buildings, schools.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
City of Durango – 949 E 2nd Ave – Durango CO 81301 – 970-375-5050 - email@example.com