- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Park City
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo.
You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do.
And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service.
Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts.
Reach Your Peak.
The primary responsibility of this position at Park City is to ensure the safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts, with emphasis on proficiency, instruction, safety, and leadership in all areas of Lift Maintenance.
The Mechanic ensures that the Lift Mechanics Manager, Lift Dispatch, and Department Director are immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
* Ensures safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts
* Emphasis on proficiency, instruction, and leadership in all maintenance
* Responsible for following the company's safety and risk management policies and procedures
* Responsible for performance and schedule of all preventative maintenance procedures
* Responsible for assuring lifts are in compliance with all CPTSB and other applicable codes and regulations
* Responsible for the performance and training of subordinates in all routine and assigned maintenance procedures under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager and Mechanic Lead
* Respond, as assigned, to lift failures to productively resolve these situations in a timely manner
* Assist in the ongoing training of Lift Maintenance personnel
* Assist in the ongoing training and support of seasonal lift operations
* Responsible for maintaining all tools, equipment, and vehicles as assigned
* Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting lift records in a timely manner
* Must be able to evacuate a lift under auxiliary power in all circumstances
* At least 5 years of experience in Lift Maintenance.
* Must be proficient at troubleshooting all "down" lifts.
* Must maintain reasonable level of spare parts to ensure full repair capability
* High school diploma or equivalent
* At least four years of mechanical experience
* Proven Master-Level Lift Mechanic skills and abilities
* Must be knowledgeable of regulatory codes as they pertain to lifts
* Snowmobile and vehicle trained
* Climbing certified
* Certified Level II NDT Inspector
* Valid Colorado Driver's License
* Basic working knowledge of desktop computer systems and applications
* Read, write, and speak English
* Ability to perform major lift modifications
* Ability to overhaul or rebuild all line and terminal equipment
* Able and willing to work in inclement weather
* Intermediate level skier/snowboarder
Becoming part of the Park City team means you're joining one of the best ski brands in the world.
The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality.
And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits.
From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America's largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that's as charming as it is rewarding.
Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 168863