- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North Little Rock
As an EMEA based Linux Cloud Support Engineer you will be responsible for assessing the nature of product or service issues and resolving support problems for customers and partners through support tickets, live chat, and occasional voice calls. Don’t let the word “Support” fool you - this is not a typical call center role. Our customers are technically sophisticated and once a question gets to us search engines have failed to provide an answer. On any given day, you’ll be applying your knowledge of Linux with technologies like MySQL, DNS, CDNs, SSL, Redis, various programming languages, replication, integration with other systems and much more. Expect to learn something new every day.
Successful employees will collaborate with other team members, meet deadlines and test new ideas, tools, and tactics. We are looking for motivators and go-getters who will improve our processes, our products and ourselves. As one of our Cloud Support Engineers, you are our front line; when our customers think of how great Platform.sh is, they think of you.
In a given day you might:
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to the underlying infrastructure running customer applications.
- Diagnose, debug and document issues in both applications and systems.
- Deploy and configure cloud infrastructure resources.
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and report bugs.
- Become a product expert and work toward improving our customer facing documentation.
- Participate in limited on-call shifts, providing timely responses to high priority tickets and incidents.
- Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for personal initiative.
- Respond to customer inquiries through our ticketing solution, ZenDesk.
- Participate in training teammates.
- This role is permanent and full time, 5 days a week
- 3+ years combined of:
- Linux system administration
- Web development using PHP, Python, Ruby or Go. (However, this is not primarily a programming job)
- Experience using git
- Managing DNS
- Functional knowledge of TLS and encryption
- Demonstrating exceptional communication skills to provide clear and empathetic customer support
- Knowledge of nginx, Galera, GlusterFS, and Puppet
- Experience with Magento, Symfony, TYPO3 and/or Drupal
- Understanding of CDNs or Varnish and web caching strategies
- Familiarity with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Engine
- Conversant in containerization technologies and techniques
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’re not expecting you to be an expert at all of the above, but if your skillset includes some of it and you’re interested in diving into the rest, we’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer as a CSE here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the company