- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Brown Deer
Provide excellent customer service while completing checkout transactions in a quick and efficient manner. Follow front end checkout procedures for all transactions. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure a positive customer experience and loyalty by greeting and thanking all customers and providing prompt and courteous service.
- Direct customer concerns to the service operations manager as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Scan products and process customers’ orders accurately, efficiently and promptly, ensuring a minimal wait time for each customer.
- Operate equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., scanner, register, check verification, scale, check approval machine, coupon machine, intercom, telephone, adding machine, calculator and chemical resistant gloves) according to company guidelines.
- Check acceptable identification for all liquor and tobacco transactions.
- Ask for coupons, Advantage Card and if there are items under the cart before beginning to process a customer’s order; scan each item so it is properly identified by the register system.
- Maintain a neat and organized till; ensure all forms of tender and coupons are handled properly; count and enter cash and food stamps into register system.
- Verify information on checks and, if acceptable, enter and properly utilize check verification system; properly tender checks into the register system.
- Verify coupons are valid and properly entered/credited to the correct department.
- Obtain prices for items not identified by the register system and complete scan error forms for discrepancies.
- Maintain working knowledge of the most frequent PLU codes and new items.
- Handle product carefully to reduce shrink/waste.
- Follow Front End security procedures; apply security tape for proof of purchase and notify appropriate leadership in cases of theft or shoplifting.
- Utilize proper etiquette for intercom calls.
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws/guidelines.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Assist with maintenance/cleaning by picking up floor, clearing carts, cleaning/stocking registers, filling bag stations, performing shop backs, pulling cardboard from shelves/displays and disposing of it properly.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently reaching, standing, turning, walking, stooping/bending, squatting, lifting and carrying objects 10 to 55 lbs. and pushing/pulling objects up to 200 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals)
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Willingness to take initiative
Desired Previous Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Brown Deer|| 9200 N. Green Bay Rd. ||53209 || Roundy's||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
- customer service
- safety and security
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.