- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- WAIKīKī, HONOLULU, HI, UNITED STATES
A Lobby Greeter with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for acting as an ambassador of the hotel by welcoming customers upon arrival and directing guests to appropriate areas. They are to also engage with guests to facilitate the hotel''s check in process and ensure efficient guest interaction with Front Office staff. Lobby Greeters also provide guests with directions, resort features and information as needed. As a Lobby Greeter, you will also promote on site restaurant, shopping and activity options.
What will I be doing?
A Lobby Greeter with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsiblefor acting as an ambassador of the hotel by welcoming customers upon arrival and directing guests to appropriate areas. They are to also engage with guests to facilitate the hotel''s check in process and ensure efficient guest interaction with Front Office staff. Lobby Greeters also provide guests with directions, resort features and information as needed. As a Lobby Greeter, you will also promote on site restaurant, shopping and activity options.Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome and navigating the arrival experience. Verify guest needs and direct to appropriate check in areas or other destinations as needed. Requires continuous standing and movement throughout the hotel''s public areas.
- Uses a clear, understandable speaking voice, exercises judgment, provides directions, responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs
- Fields guest inquiries, listens, extends assistance and directs guest to appropriate resources as needed. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity.
- Distributes printed materials such as hotel key packets, pool towel cards, maps, specified group collateral and other items as needed.
- What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High school diploma required.
Prior customer service experience preferred. Prior Front Desk or other prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Japanese, Korean, or Chinese language skills preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of hotel operations and Front Office procedures.
- Good knowledge of Hawaii''s places of interest as well as directional knowledge of Hawaii.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to exercise judgment, using knowledge and experience, in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions to satisfy guests.
- Ability to listen effectively and write English clearly.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- customer service