- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Gabriel
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
The Logistics Planner is responsible for ensuring that all shipments are processed timely and accurately and delivered in a way that exceeds our customer expectations. He/she will utilize SAP system to plan, tender and monitor all shipments are correct and processed in a timely manner from plant and warehouse locations. He/she will utilize knowledge of systems and experience to investigate operational problems and to ensure that the operational activities are provided to internal and external customers in a reliable, timely and effective manner.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute shipment of raw materials and finished goods from shipping facilities to customer locations in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Track and Trace shipments to ensure on-time, error free delivery to customer locations and effectively communicating exceptions to appropriate contacts.
• Support the operations by working closely with Carriers, Customer Service, and shipping facility personnel. This involves developing work procedures, streamlining work activities; identifying, investigating and eliminating recurring problems.
• Handles operational issues that arise; escalates with Carriers and Supervision as necessary.
• Coordinating maintenance of Eastman owned transportation equipment
• Work with Materials handling to ensure efficient loading operations and carrier pick-up scheduling
• Identify and execute cost savings opportunities
• Partner with Supply Chain to evaluate customer order priority and optimize capacity and equipment allocation accordingly
• Provides expertise on functional and cross functional teams, special projects, etc. Develop capabilities and knowledge of procedures in order to work directly with functional groups to obtain resolution.
• Identify, support or implement process design/modifications identified as result of audits, Lean, Six- Sigma or other initiatives.
• Improve transport planning effectiveness via development and/or enhancement of planning models, processes and tools. Share Best Practices with planning community.
• Lead or serve as Logistics Representative on cross functional teams or S&OP.
• Provide back-up for other Planning positions; actively participate in training and sharing knowledge with others.
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of key customers, suppliers and products in area of responsibility.
• Proactively monitors carrier tender acceptance and routing guide usage identifying trends and service improvement opportunities.
• Provide feedback regarding carrier performance in meeting requested shipping dates.
• Provides in-depth analysis of delivery reliability data and monitors for on-going systemic issues.
• Identifies recurring service failures to key customers and escalates with Supply Chain Manager/Supervisor and Logistics Procurement Managers.
• Identify opportunities to improve cost and carriers service levels to meet customer demands
• Develop delivery alternatives to meet customer delivery requirements (expedite, swap options)
• Drive resolution to urgent customer needs as well as responding to non-conformance /complaint resolution
• Bachelor's degree (Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Related preferred) from an accredited college or university.
• Industry experience preferred
• Experience/Job Knowledge/Expertise - preferably work experience in a similar environment or capacity.
• Planning and Organizing - should possess excellent planning and organizational skills to accomplish specific goals and/or tasks.
• Initiative - should be proactive in looking for ways to improve existing processes/tasks so as to create a more effective working environment within operations. He/she should proactively communicate shipment exceptions and solutions.
• Leadership – should portray strong interpersonal and communication capabilities when dealing with internal and external partners. He/she is expected to manage o