- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our Loss Control department is seeking a Loss Control Consultant to join our growing team in Northern California.
This position is based from your home office. A company vehicle, laptop and iPhone are provided.The Risk Solutions Consultant delivers high quality risk evaluations and loss analysis of prospective or existing Commercial policyholders to identify risk, exposure and controls for multiple lines of business, while reporting results for underwriting. The position is an active member of the underwriting team responsible for medium to large commercial accounts.This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Conduct risk analysis of renewals and prospective account operations including risk evaluation, loss analysis, and loss control programs within multiple lines of business
- Deliver high level of consultative and technical services and service plans to the account as well as implementing loss/exposure reduction programs and services
- Take the initiative to enhance loss control / industry knowledge through participation in educational programs
- Objectively considers issues and information, identifies alternatives, decides and implements solution approaches in order to deliver services and provide value
- Ability to travel the territory as required
- Knowledge of negotiating techniques, subject matter, and strategy to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes mutual goals or interests
- Provide assistance to the policyholder in the form of detailed action plans, program recommendations, technical training and consultative services
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- 2+ years of field loss control or increasing levels of responsibility in related operations.
- Solid understanding of Commercial Insurance
- B.S. degree preferred in a related field to include health and safety, science, engineering or equivalent
- Builders Risk and strong Property Background preferred. EEO Statement:
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
About the company