- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Electrical Systemsdivision is currently seeking a Machine Operator and Welder (RAS) on 2ndShift to join our team. This positionis based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Ras Machine Operatorand Welder is responsible for the operation of the Ras folding machine, cabinetwelding, and setup material handling. Responsible for performing the variousjob functions as described in the job description at an acceptable level ofefficiency and quality. Operators must be willing to perform various duties andassist all other team members as needed to meet production goals.
Making what matters work at Eatontakes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environmentwhere creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Machine Operation
- You will operate folding machine to fabricatevarious cubicle and cabinet parts. Perform productive maintenance on foldingmachine as needed.
- You will determine if material is to specs.,also checks prints for ECN’s, etc. and for latest revisions.
- You will operate crane, electric stackers, andother mechanical assists to move, position and unload heavy parts andassemblies.
- You will check material specifications,dimensions on shop orders and prints or ECN’s against customer specificationsfor accuracy.
- You will indicate sub-parts required for cubiclecabinets.
- You will operate a mig welding machine and airgrinder to fabricate parts as needed.
- You will check parts against prints to assureproper dimensions and locations.
- You will be responsible for proper fit andappearance of finished part according to quality specifications, using mild andstainless steels.
- You will set-up material in positioner, jig orfixtures. Also make simple layouts when required.
- You will weld or stud weld various types ofhardware to part being built.
- You will tack welds part, adjusting wire feedfor proper size weld seam.
- You will grind excess weld and trim edges forfit of parts and appearance.
Why work at Eaton?Below are a few of theOutstandingbenefits weoffer:
- Competitive Pay,Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirementbenefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
When we embrace the different ideas,perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individualsand as a company — are stronger.
- Must have a Welding Certificationfrom an accredited institution and/or 1 year of Welding experience in amanufacturing environment.
- No relocation provided. Candidatesmust reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
- Must have a high school diploma orGED from an accredited institution.
- Must be authorized to work in the USwithout company sponsorship.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to successfully completeEaton’sPower Systems weld test.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No