- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Greer Group is recruiting a Mailroom Assistant for our client in Raleigh, NC
This is a long-term temporary position, with the possibility to be further extended.
Start Date: July 1
- Post Office pickups
- Process incoming mail and documents received over-the-counter.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the voter registration system.
- Data entry of voter registration forms and absentee ballot request forms.
- Verification of other employee’ s data entry by visual review.
- Scan forms using document scanners.
- Customer service (in-person, telephone), answering incoming calls and solving election related questions.
- Log outgoing and incoming absentee ballot mailings in computer system.
- Fold and stuff outgoing mailings.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Help with updating documents, including using Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- MUST be available to work full day and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including some weekends) during election season – OVERTIME required!!
- Data entry experience, must be able to type (a data entry assessment is required for consideration).
- Prefer candidates with customer service experience.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn election laws and processes and explain them to customers.
- Flexibility to perform different tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds (e.g. mail bins, stacks of forms or envelopes).
- Complete a background check and drug screen.
- Obtain a valid NC Driver’s License – Motor Vehicle Report required.
About the company