- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Seal Beach
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an early career Maintenance Engineer to support Airplane Maintenance Engineering in Seal Beach, California.
The Maintenance Engineer analyzes complex engineering designs and design changes to determine maintenance/repair requirements, procedures and instructions; supports activities that influence product designs and processes to ensure supportability and maintainability; creates systems theory descriptions to ensure common understanding of systems and components; conducts engineering analysis to verify the accuracy of maintenance/repair data.
The Maintenance Engineer also develops and provides technical solutions to customers; evaluates customers' maintenance operations; guides the development of procedures and techniques to allow users to maintain and repair products; authors and guides changes in various airplane maintenance documents. The candidate selected will be assigned to the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) or Fault Isolation Manual (FIM).
- Non-recurring and sustaining development, validation and delivery of technical Airplane Maintenance data, Fault Isolation and Integrated Planning to maintain the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and FAA/Foreign Regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes complex engineering designs, supplier and engine manufacturer design data to determine and develop maintenance, repair and tooling supportability requirements and methods for configurated procedures and instructions.
- Influences product designs and processes to ensure safety, supportability and maintainability.
- Develops and uses fault isolation procedures and techniques.
- Creates systems theory descriptions to ensure common understanding of systems and components.
- Conducts engineering analyses to verify the accuracy of maintenance/repair data.
- Performs customer interface to support customer inquiries and develops technical solutions to customers; evaluates customers' maintenance operations.
- Develops new procedures and techniques to allow users to maintain and repair products.
- Participates in organizational activities that influence the Aerospace Industry.This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- GPA listed on resume Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited course of study in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in either Propulsion, Avionics/Electrical/Communication/Navigation, Hydraulics/Mechanical/Landing Gear, and/or Payloads/Interiors
- Current or prior Airframe and Powerplant License issued by the Federal Aviation Administration
- Prior military aircraft maintenance practices
- ABET Accreditation/CertificationTypical Education / Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation available based on eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.