- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $19.40 - $27.34 gross per hour
- Saline County
This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, and inspecting mechanical equipment and electrical systems, including HVAC, refrigeration and security equipment, as well as maintaining grounds in a large physical plant complex. The Forensic Center is a secured facility with considerable direct contact with mentally disturbed residents on a day to day basis.
Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Maintenance Mechanic 8
Two years of experience assisting skilled trades workers in the mechanical or electrical trades.
Maintenance Mechanic E9
Four years of experience assisting skilled trades workers in the mechanical or electrical trades, including two years equivalent to a Maintenance Mechanic 8.
Alternate Education and Experience
Completion of a recognized program in vocational training for the mechanical or electrical trades may be substituted for two years of experience assisting skilled trades workers.
Additional Requirements and Information
Some positions in this job series may be assigned duties that require the application of pesticides, which may require certification or registration as a pesticide applicator in compliance with the Pesticide Control Act of 1976.
Some positions in this job series are assigned job duties that may require possession of the commercial driver's license issued by the Secretary of State as required by Public Act 346 of 1988 to operate a designated state vehicle.
Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
View theJob Specification
View the Position Description
This position is located at the Center for Forensic Psychiatry at 8303 Platt Rd, Saline, MI 48176.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online viaNEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employmentshould include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based,internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS.
TheDepartment of Health & Human Services reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is committed to hiring a diverse workforce: MDHHS Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Inquiries regarding this position should be sent toMDHHSVacancies@michigan.gov with reference to the posting 3920-19-047-FILL.
- A community full of excitement and fun for everyone
- Major attractions including the African American Cultural and Historical Museum ofWashtenawCounty, theAlberOrchard and Cider Mill, the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum, Berry Hill Farm, Coleman's Farm and Corn Maze, Rolling Hills Water Park, and more.
- Wineries like theSpotted Dog Winery, and breweries such as the Arbor Brewing Company
- A variety of nightlife exists inWashtenawas well, such as Bar Louie,Bab'sUnderground Lounge, North Cocktail Lounge, Gotham City, and more.
- Plenty more to do around town, while also offering an escape for those that enjoy many different recreational activities such as canoeing withAgrogallupCanoe Livery, and exploring the Ann Arbor City Park Trails where you can bike, hike, and enjoy nature
- Many events throughout the year including the annual Ann Arbor Restaurant Week and Folk Festival, Chocolate Extravaganza, the Big 400 Maple Syrup Festival, the Color Run, MI Summer Beer Festival, Elvis Fest, car shows, and the list continues on, and on!
- To explore more ofWashtenawCounty and how to become a part of theYpsicommunity, please visit:http://visitypsinow.com/
- 10 miles from Ann Arbor, and less than 1 hour to downtown Detroit
- Saline enjoys an abundance of parks, museums, walking paths, retails shop and businesses that can be enjoyed by all.
- Special events that include the Farmer's Market, Sports Cars to Saline, Celtic Festival, SalineSummerfest, Harvest of the Arts Oktoberfest, and the Summer Music Series are held in the streets and parking lots in downtown Saline.