- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES
Maintenance Tech I - 005O9S
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Maintenance technicians will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will performed while supporting the safety policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to complete assigned jobs in a timely manner
- Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as conveyors, compressors, and
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons,
- contactors, motor starters, etc. as needed
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Able to set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working
- Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment.
- Test assigned equipment, after performing repair, to ensure that equipment is safe and
- Perform various maintenance functions may include but not limited to: light bulb changes, filter
- changes, lock repairs, caulking, painting, plumbing and HVAC repairs. Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
· Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to
effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50#.
· Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations above 25 feet.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
· The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
· The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
· The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
· The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
This job might be for you if:
Education and Experience. The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below.
Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Have at least 3 years experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical
· Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
· Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication.
· Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate is an asset.
· Welding – Basic welding capacity.
· Good mathematical skills.
· Ability to communicate in English, verbally and written.
· Ability to relate and work well with others.
· Must be willing to work a changing shift schedule and on a rotating weekend on call list.
· Will be required to work mandatory OT daily, weekly, weekends, etc..
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
: United States
About the company
Schneider Electric SE is a European multinational corporation that specializes in electricity distribution, automation management and produces installation components for energy management. It is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France and is also based at the World Trade Center of Grenoble.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation.
Schneider Electric develops technologies and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. The Group invests in R&D in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development.