- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Port Arthur
Position at Castle Group POSITION SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Technician helps maintain the grounds, facilities, and amenities of the Condominium or Homeowners Association (HOA) and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager. He or she ensures that all mechanical systems and equipment are functional and properly maintained in a clean and aesthetically appealing condition.
The Maintenance Technician also provides exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this function. This includes working interdepartmentally, as well as, with our external customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (May include some or all of the following as applicable)
- Reviews and completes work orders assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Community Association Manager.
- Routinely inspects community and advises supervisor of any issues or makes corrections.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment in a proper, safe and effective manner.
- Maintains working relationships with community staff.
- Painting or touch up of all common areas as needed.
- Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisor.
- Makes general carpentry, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and other minor community/building repairs as long as a permit is not required to complete the job.
- Maintains records and other maintenance reports as directed by supervisor.
- Reports need for major repairs to Community Association Manager Maintenance Supervisor.
- Checks all lighting daily.
- Pressure washes decks, sidewalks, entrances, and A/C and heat pump pads as necessary to maintain neat appearance.
- Regularly check AC drip pans for draining and clogs.
- Maintain any applicable recreational amenities (i.e. tennis courts, basketball court, bocce court).
- Ensures all safety precautions and procedures are followed while performing duties in compliance with OSHA guidelines and requirements.
- May be assigned other duties by Community Association Manager. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalency preferred. May require HVAC certification.
Requires a minimum of (2) year’s general experience in building trades, repair, and maintenance or handy work. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Command of computer hardware/software is preferred, but not required.
Multiple language fluency is desirable.
Travel and availability requirements:
May be required to travel for training sessions off-site on an ad-hoc basis.
Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on project requirement. Ability to respond to emergencies and callouts in a timely manner during on-call rotation or as directed by surpervisor.
Ability to lift 50lbs. following appropriate safety procedures: Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time. Crawl in small and tight spaces. Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain). Walk and climb stairs. Handle, grasp, feel objects and equipment. Reach with hands and arms. Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written. Ability to quickly and easily navigate property/buildings are required to meet the job functions. Repeat various motions with wrists, hands and fingers. Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. Driving when necessary (may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.) Ability to climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 12-16 ft).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will be divided between indoor and outdoor work. The proportion of indoor to outdoor work will fluctuate. May be exposed to weather conditions such as heat, cold or rain while working outdoors.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description. In addition, management has the right to change any portion of this job description at any time and for any reason.
About the company