- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies and Ethicon business, is hiring a Maintenance Technician II to support the production department to ensure that the facility, manufacturing plant and equipment at Megadyne are maintained to a reliable, safe, and high standard.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
As a Needles Material Handling Lead, you will:
• Follow and promote company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain the required results for manufacturing, audit and traceability purposes.
• Provide a support function for the manufacturing plant and equipment to ensure it is appropriately and adequately maintained.
• Record equipment work history on the Maintenance+ system and ensure relevant documentation and procedures are duly maintained and updated.
• Ensure that all systems and equipment comply with the company insurance standards and legislation.
• Design and implement innovative controls and procedures to support the company continuous improvement environment.
• Support new equipment purchases, installation and validation activities.
• Ensure maintenance of production equipment is carried out to agreed schedules.
• Support innovations for cost and energy reduction.
• Participate in equipment & Lean improvement activities.
• Monitor and control equipment spare parts.
• Support the facilities and production departments as needed, and when required.
• Maintain a professional attitude and approach when dealing with internal / external customers or suppliers in line with the J&J global leadership profile and Credo.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations (FDA / GMP/ BSI / ISO, etc.).
• Responsible for ensuring department compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant maintenance experience is required.
• Basic understanding of manufacturing policies and standards is required.
• Knowledge and understanding of Quality systems and EHS requirements is required.
• Packaging machinery experience is required.
• Facility maintenance experience
• Clean room experience or understanding is required.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel & Word) is required.
• Must be able to perform basic problem solving and adhere to Our Credo when making decisions
• Must have excellent time management and forward planning skills.
• Must be able to work to deadlines, pay attention to details, produce and work to written procedures.
• Must be able to learn complex tasks within the Work Center and to communicate verbally with all members of the team.
• Must be able to work first shift during the first 6 months for training and then transition to second shift.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Utah-Draper-11506 South State Street
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc. (6250)
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.