- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Managed Care (MC) MSL is responsible for providing external and internal customers with clinical, scientific, and health economic information related to the appropriate utilization of products in the Genentech portfolio and with more general information about the relevant therapeutic area and disease state. This field-based position will proactively build healthcare provider, population health decision maker, and patient support, by using an approach that is aligned with the Squad objectives and of the overarching objectives of Genentech. Expertise tailored to specific customers will be expected. The MC MSL will need to be a credible and valued representative of Genentech in a variety of interactions with key stakeholders across their regions and accounts. In addition to these existing MC MSL responsibilities, MC MSLs will have a broader understanding of multiple therapy areas based on the squads they are mapped to, as well as be able to engage in broad scientific exchange (e.g., cost of care and reimbursement education).
• Representing the assigned molecules/products, franchise(s) and overall therapeutic area(s) to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines and direction across all customers
• Build, cultivate, and share relationships with external scientific, medical, and managed care customers and organizations depending on role in their geographies to ensure strong understanding of evolving healthcare trends across the relevant squad landscape
• Demonstrate proficiency in topics beyond scientific exchange such as value / cost of care discussions, hospitalizations, risk of progression, drug pricing pressures, reimbursement education, and AE management; actively attend and participate in upskilling training programs
• Engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent, or across all the portfolio (depending on role), which includes utilizing appropriate resources to stay current with the scientific literature (e.g., conducting regular literature searches and library research), participating in various internal and external clinical and scientific education programs, meetings, presentations and other forums that provide in-depth clinical and operational expertise and insights regarding the assigned molecules, products and overall therapeutic area(s), as well as business related topics relevant to the therapeutic area
• Be fluent in the value-based scientific information associated with Genentech products from the perspective of payers or others making population-based care decisions
• Responding to on and off-label questions with integrity, compliance, and adherence to legal, regulatory, and Genentech guidelines, policies & procedures
• Build and cultivate important working relationships across field partners to ensure an enterprise approach when working with customers. Partner on Genentech account planning activities as appropriate, delivering the medical perspective for designated accounts Identify and bring insights back in house to Genentech stakeholders through efficient and effective use of CRM system
• Assisting with Phase II - III - IV clinical trials, health economic outcomes research, other clinical studies and investigation; providing clinical expertise and feedback regarding operational management that effectively and efficiently guides clinical trials, other studies, and investigations
• Providing clinical and value-based expertise in the development, management, and maintenance of clinical and scientific communications, including research, publications, and educational materials, meeting/event presentations and information, etc.
• Conduction presentation and meetings with healthcare professionals and population health decision makers on disease state, clinical, scientific, and value-based information
• Providing clinical and value-based input into Genentech communications and materials, as well as participate in/or assisting internal training & development activities
• When assigned, identifying and completing special projects
• Ensuring assigned goals and objectives are met and that assigned projects and other work are completed on time, with high quality, and within budget
• Provide field support to generate applied science research demonstrating the value of Genentech products in real-world clinical use
Additional Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities for
About the company
Roche is a Swiss global health-care company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Its holding company, Roche Holding AG, has bearer shares listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The company headquarters are located in Basel and the company has many pharmaceutical and diagnostic sites around the world – including: Tucson, AZ; Pleasanton, CA; Vacaville, California, Oceanside, California, Branchburg, NJ; Indianapolis, Indiana; Florence, South Carolina; and Ponce, Puerto Rico in the US; Welwyn Garden City and Burgess Hill in the UK; Clarecastle in Ireland; Mannheim and Penzberg in Germany; Mississauga and Laval in Canada; Shanghai in China; Mumbai & Hyderabad in India; São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Segrate, Milan in Italy; Johannesburg in South Africa; Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore in Pakistan. There are 26 manufacturing sites worldwide.