- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $35,000.00 - $42,000.00 gross per year
To act as subject matter expert on assigned areas of accounting processes and to work with the Accounting Manager-Corporation in meeting objectives concerning statutory financial accounting and reporting; management and security of the Corporation's assets; supervision of the maintenance of Corporation accounting ledgers; and improving operational efficiency's within the Financial Accounting Team in Chatham.
A market leader in their industry sector.
- Take full responsibility for the end to end financial accounting of allocated areas within the organisation, acting as primary point of contact for any queries arising from stakeholders: both internal and external. Understand fully the treatment and processes adopted for the posting of accounting transactions.
- Production of allocated sections of the statutory accounts. Provide support to the manager to evaluate and review the accounting policies adopted by its overseas subsidiaries under the relevant accounting standards, to ensure compliance with reporting requirements in the UK and overseas.
- Supervise the monthly accounting processes for the assigned operations - ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared in line with timetable, reviewing work prepared and resolving issues in a timely manner. Provide assistance with the budget and forecast exercises, as required.
- Proactively review processes and controls, implementing improvements and challenging the status quo, contributing to an environment of continual improvement. In particular, identify areas where new technology can generate efficiencies and work to implement changes required to realise improvements.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the financial accounting and reporting process, including collaboration with UK and Overseas finance colleagues and colleagues from other departments including Treasury, Market Reporting, and Tax.
- Supervise and maintain the Sun ledger structure and Sun databases for assigned areas to ensure effective financial control, efficient processing and reporting of Society's financial position on a monthly basis.
- Act as main point of contact for assigned areas of responsibility during audits for the Corporation and assigned subsidiaries, liaising with internal and external auditors, and coordinating with actuaries, tax department, market reporting team, overseas finance staff and other key stakeholders.
- Act as main point of contact for assigned areas with project work as required and provide support to develop and execute business process streamlining projects that comply with Corporation policies.
- Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounting team, as required
- Good planning and prioritisation skills and can manage multiple deliverable simultaneously.
- Management or Financial Accounting Background
- Good communication skills and confidence to drive new ideas and seek to improve work practice.
- Encourages a team environment, both within immediate team and across wider organisation.
- Strong stakeholder manager skills.
A very competitive salary and exceptionally good benefits package
Parking on Site
- ms project