- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Department: LOU Human Resources
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Training Store Manager & Division LE1 Coordinator
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a 10 week instructional course (6 weeks of in-store training and 4 weeks of classroom instruction) designed to acclimate the candidate to basic functions performed on a management level in a retail grocery setting. Upon successful completion of the training program, you will serve as an Assistant Store Manager with an overall day-to-day responsibility of running all aspects of a retail grocery store.
- Assist store manager and associates in the acheivement of a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations.
- Assist in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets, profit budgets, and other targeted goals.
- Drive sales working with department managers to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department’s contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the store, district and division.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area in which the store operates.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents.
- Serve as liaison providing feedback to Store Manager, District Manager and Coordinators on the effectiveness of Division merchandising and operational plans/programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover, increasing retention and store operations.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and associates on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the management of labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Earned a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree or 3-5 year Retail Management Experience
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous experience in directing the efforts of multiple individuals from diverse work groups
- Previous financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level:Associates Desired
Required Travel:Up to 25%
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.