- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Position Purpose: Conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Provide expertise and technical support in matters related to the successful and financially sounds operations of the company's health plan businesses.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes.
- Negotiate capitation rates with State agencies
- Oversee health plan experience, identify trends and recommend improvements
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Work with Health Plans to ensure soundness of capitation rates
- Work with State agencies to assess impact of program/policy changes
- Responsible for actuarial/financial analysis of Managed Medicaid requests for proposal. Work will include reading and comprehending requests for proposals from state Medicaid agencies and assisting the company with developing responses to the proposals
- Review, interpret and analyze data from multiple sources to determine financial and operational impacts and needed actions
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. 5+ years of actuarial experience. License/Certification: Fellow or Associate of the Society of Actuaries (or equivalent international certification). Member of American Academy of Actuaries (or equivalent international membership).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with Managed Medicaid and significant understanding of financial and operational workings of Managed Care Organizations
- Minimum of 2 years of Medicaid rate setting/rate analysis experience.
- Intermediate or above knowledge of SAS and/or SQL and at least 2 years of experience working with SAS or SQL on a daily basis
- Project management experience including shown ability to work across departments and manage team members who are not direct reports Other locations include: St. Louis, Atlanta, Phoenix, Rego Park, Chicago, and Woodland Hills
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About the company