- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Delta Air Lines is looking for a Manager to lead the Agile Center of Expertise to lead a team of talented coaches that support Delta's enterprise agility strategy and rollout. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills to lead a team of talented coaches, experience in agile transformation and a good understanding or gain an understanding of Delta's current Agility strategy.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Leading a team of Agile coaches and working with the Agile Architect in defining, designing and implementing Agile practices through the enterprise.
- Understanding the business and technical implications of transforming to an Agile environment.
- Building credibility with Delta business and IT leadership by demonstrating thought leadership beyond what is currently available within the current organization and building a path to maturity.
- Building capabilities to support new agile efforts and competency areas.
- Building a knowledge base of Agile practices and support the team by answering any questions while working in an Agile ecosystem.
- Standardizing tools, templates, and processes across the enterprise and tailoring them according to need.
- Putting in place output measures and reporting on results delivered.
- Formalizing individual team member's roles and goals that integrate with strategic planning.
- Coaching and training individual contributors and peer managers on Agile values, principles, methods, and practices.
- Working closely with DevOps CoE, compliance teams and Enterprise Architecture to ensure agile practices are constantly improving and maturing.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Hands-on experience leading enterprise-wide Agile transformations.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of the business implications of an Agile transformation.
- The ability to communicate, plan and effect change at leadership, portfolio, program and team levels.
- Proven executive level communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Must be results oriented and capable of meeting or exceeding expectations with attention to detail and highest quality results.
- Value continuous learning and improving
- Familiarity and experience with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
- Servant Leadership
- Certified in one or more of the following: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP), SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or other agile related certifications.
- Familiar with large-scale agile frameworks like Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), Nexus, etc.
About the company
Is a major American airline, with its headquarters and largest hub at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline along with its subsidiaries operate over 5,400 flights daily and serve an extensive domestic and international network that includes 334 destinations in 64 countries on six continents, as of June 2015.