- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you passionate about crafting win-win work force development partnerships with local stakeholders? Are you also professionally excited by the opportunity to innovate and deliver new and compelling work force development approaches and programs globally? We are looking for the next member of our team to do just that as an integral part of our economic development efforts.
AWS Economic Development is a part of the Global Public Policy team and we work seamlessly with our public policy teammates, our internal customers (particularly AWS infrastructure and its associated subject matter expert teams), and our colleagues across Aamzon.com who drive a robust and highly successful portfolio of cloud and non-cloud based work force development solutions.
This role requires a leader who can be inventive and fearless while balancing operational excellence and program success. They will lead our team’s efforts to develop sustainable and durable economic and work force development partnerships in prospective communities and in those where we already operate. This includes analyzing labor demand and supply side dynamics, building partnership models and approaches, marshalling internal resources and collaboration, aligning external political leadership, partnering with other allied employers and educational institutions (at all levels), and supporting the integration and articulation with K12 districts (in the US) and secondary schools (globally) resulting in implementation at scale. This role will also have ownership of existing initiatives already in flight. The role will be responsible for identifying evolving opportunities and leading an entrepreneurial approach to crafting new solutions and approaches, building consensus internally and externally, building bespoke approaches, iterating through real world pilot projects, fostering adoption, and driving implementation to scale.
Some of the key job functions:
· Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with smart, motivated people who are passionate about work force development.
· Be the voice of the customer (internal and external), ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offering.
· Manage program deliverables within budgetary, resource and scheduling requirements against defined project milestones and deadlines.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders (e.g. political, economic development, and education leaders, faculty, and employers) and internal teams (e.g. infrastructure, education, human resources, public relations, public policy, and recruiting).
· Facilitate regional/statewide planning and implementation, including needs assessments, strategic planning, adaptation to local needs, and progress monitoring.
· Drive successful implementation, including curriculum and program development; educator professional development; employer engagement; collaboration with government, non-profit organizations, and other workforce development intermediary organizations.
· Coordinate with other Amazon teams (e.g. AWS EDU sales, Public Policy, AWS Partner Network) to maximize regional impact.
· Capture insights and best practices to enhance the model, with an emphasis on efficiency and scale.
· Work with our own research and analysis team to evaluate program effectiveness of existing and new program offerings.
· Work with global colleagues and stakeholders to understand and address programmatic, curricular, and unexpected pain points related to implementation.
· Partner with internal and external stakeholders to create and manage feedback systems to monitor implementation needs to support the successful adoption, implementation, and scaling.
· Travel based on business need, domestic and globally, and sometimes on short notice.
· 5+ years experience education leadership, workforce development, economic development, public policy, or related experience.
- human resources
- ms project
- public relations
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.