- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Are you a talented economic development practitioner who is passionate about leading significant expansion projects and building sustainable and durable relationships with economic development stakeholders on a global scale? The AWS Economic Development team works with AWS leadership and subject matter expert (SME) teams from across the organization to realize the AWS global expansion strategy and we are looking for our newest team member. This role will lead a portion of our global economic development and incentives portfolio as an individual contributor while simultaneously serving as the consummate team player and mentor across the Economic Development/Incentives organization.
We are part of the AWS Global Public Policy organization and work seamlessly with our public policy teammates, internal customers, and our colleagues from across Amazon.com to build collaborative, sustainable, and durable, partnerships around the world. The ideal candidate will exhibit a deep understanding and competency in multiple domains. They include, but are not limited to, the global data center landscape, AWS data centers, site identification, due diligence, enabling infrastructure (power, water, networking, etc.), data center financial modeling, contract negotiation, in addition to economic, workforce, and business development acumen.
This role requires a leader who can be inventive and fearless using high judgement to deliver program success, operational excellence, while crafting sustainable and durable incentive partnerships with local stakeholders in a highly ambiguous environment on a global scale.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Seamlessly collaborate with our internal customer (AWS infrastructure), business development, real estate, legal, tax, finance, HR, and PR teams among others.
· Effectively communicate the scope and benefits of AWS infrastructure projects to National, regional/provincial/state, and local political, economic/workforce development, infrastructure, and taxation stakeholders among others.
· Experience in business case assembly, analysis, and presentation.
· Domain expertise over the entire incentives portfolio of responsibilities from forecasting, agreement/commitment articulation, realization, and tracking. This often includes managing relationships with outside legal counsel and other professional service providers.
· Provide direct support to the new and existing region expansion process from site identification, due diligence, business case development, infrastructure development, sustainability, and incentive related agreements.
· Craft and facilitate expansion project work force development plans. Similarly, they will be responsible for supporting our teams strategic work force development initiatives.
· Manage relationships with outside legal counsel and other professional service providers while also overseeing the internal forecasting, realization, and compliance of programs.
· Excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator with great attention to detail.
· You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. You also need common sense, great judgment, and a sense of humor.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ Years economic development practitioner, consulting, or similar experience.
· Recent data center transactional experience and subject matter expertise within a corporate organization, law firm, legal department, accounting firm, consultancy or government agency.
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.