- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California \r\n \r\n Finance \r\n Finance \r\n \r\n Manager, Content Accounting \r\n Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 148 million paid memberships around the world. Do you want to have a leadership role in assessing and deciding how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy using and analyzing data to affect critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build an expertise in streamed content accounting.
This role provides you the chance to be a leader on a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
- Manage an accounting team based in Los Angeles that is responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization). You will directly report into the Senior Manager of Content Accounting (International).
- Oversee the accounting of content and content-related contracts for our licensed and owned titles coming out of our APAC region.
- Review and documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with teams in our APAC and Los Angeles offices, including the content finance and acquisition organizations. \r\n Responsibilities: \r\n
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting or a minor in accounting. Some public accounting experience is required and a CPA license is highly preferred.
- Entertainment experience is not required, but you must have a strong accounting background and are comfortable navigating technical accounting guidance.
- You have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and are viewed as a strong cross-functional business partner.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
- You have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
- You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view. \r\n Qualifications: \r\n
About the company
Netflix is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media available to viewers in all of Australia, New Zealand, South America, Japan, North America and parts of Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom), and of flat rate DVD-by-mail in the United States, where mailed DVDs and Blu-ray are sent via Permit Reply Mail. The company was established in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It started its subscription-based service in 1999. By 2009, Netflix was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.