- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Buffalo Grove
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The Manager, Customer Service Operations Excellence will be responsible for leading the identification and implementation of the process and infrastructure improvements required to establish a world class customer service organization.
Key focus areas of this role are instrument/capital order processing, electronic order channels (EDI/GHX/e-commerce) management, and overall process customer service improvement by driving common issues to root cause resolution.
Primary Responsibilities Focus in Three Areas:
Capital Orders Execution**
- Manage, coach and motivate team responsible for instrument order entry
- Identify and implement opportunities for reducing process complexity and streamline the process
- Review/Refine current approach to measuring productivity of associates processing instrument orders (recognizing the similarities/differences with consumables order entry)
- Serve as the point of coordination with the sales team to ensure order fulfilment based on customer requirements and revenue recognition goals are achieved
Electronic Channels and Technology Infrastructure Enhancement**
- Partner with Call Center Manager to develop and execute technology roadmap for customer service organization (e.g., enhanced order sorting, approvals flow for RGA/Credits)
- Identify and implement process and technology enhancements required to improve the overall quality (i.e., order flow-through without manual intervention) of electronic order-entry channels (EDI, GHX)
- Drive the shift of orders from manual channels (phones, fax, emails) to electronic channels
- Lead the execution of e-commerce adoption as driven through the customer service channel
Customer Service Operations Improvement**
- Deliver DBS tool and methodology coaching and mentoring to the Customer Service Operations Team
- Drive daily management for improvement of key processes (RGAs, Collections team coordination, price increase communication)
- Proactively leads problem solving efforts within assigned teams to address gaps in performance
- Constantly evaluates current state for opportunities for continuous improvement
*The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of: *
- Pragmatically challenging the status quo and driving for continuous improvement;
- Effectively utilizing Danaher Business Systems (DBS) tools for continuous improvement;
- Effective people leadership and change management; and,
- Utilizing a growth mindset in their planning and actions.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required with analytical experience preferred; Advanced degree preferred;
- 5 years customer facing experience with progressive responsibilities;
- 5 years of previous people management experience;
- Prior experience with SAP or other ERP environment;
- Basic knowledge of customer support processes (i.e., pricing, returns, delivery, etc.);
- Ability to analysis data to gain understanding and offer actions;
- Demonstrated aptitude for change and continuous improvement;
- Strong focus on the customer and meeting customer needs; and,
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office365 with advanced Excel skills.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with sales organization and peers; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations);
- Supports vision and purpose; provides direction needed to operationalize and drive to action. (Charts the Course);
- Coaches behaviours and actions that align to the DBS culture and holds teams/individuals accountable. (Leads through DBS);
- Proactively gathers different views on how to approach and solve a problem; approaches problems analytically rather than jumping to superficial conclusions. (Leads through DBS);
- Performs full-cycle employment functions including hiring, training and performance reviews and performance management Responsible for all staffing, performance management, training, and development of associates (Builds People, Teams & Organizations); and,
- Leads, energizes and engages individuals to achieve personal development and business goals; retains talent. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations).
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Buffalo Grove
Req ID: SEL001859
About the company
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 20 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in five strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Dental, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.