- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Overview: Covance is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our team as the Manager of Discovery.
This role is based in Indianapolis, IN.
The incumbent will participate in scientific activities and initiatives in support of global Laboratory Operations and provide expertise in a specific scientific area to support the development of new ventures in that scientific area for CLS global Laboratory Operations through the development/identification of new strategies, techniques and instrumentation.
The incumbent will interact with clients and prospective clients to discuss technical/scientific issues as well as actively participate in the implementation of the new instrumentation and assays; ensuring their timely delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements in clinical studies and accepts leadership role in developing scientific approaches.
- Participates in the implementation of new instrumentation.
- Leads the validation of new assays, ensuring their timely delivery.
- Writes validation documents and Standard Operating Procedures related to new assays and instrumentation.
- Provides technical training for operational staff
- Ensures the effective performance of assays through regular monitoring and evaluation of the assays.
- Performs complex troubleshooting and assists in leading initiatives to solve challenging scientific problems with assays or instrumentation.
- Provides consultation to scientific and operational staff on technical issues.
- Collaborates with operational leaders to evaluate and assess new technology and new assay capabilities.
- Provides technical/scientific consultation to departments outside the lab (i.e., NTF, Project Management) to assist with client issues and problem solving.
- Effectively manages scientific vendor relationships to troubleshoot issues and improve capabilities.
- Participates in client visits when needed.
- Monitors, evaluates, reviews and troubleshoots assays throughout their life cycle.
- Interacts with clients and prospective clients to discuss technical/scientific issues, ensure effective communication and maintain relationships.
- Presentations to clients and professional groups.
in scientific area of expertise required
- Board certification in Immunology is a plus but not mandatory.
Without board certification, the certification process will start in the coming 3 years with Covance's support.
- 3 years post-doctoral experience within scientific area of expertise (Immunology, Immuno-assays). Additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements above.
- Highly skilled in conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
- Proven track record of method development and validation.
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
- Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and clients.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory automation is a plus.
- ms project