- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world's best airline!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Lead development teams to plan, design, and implement on the Single View of the Customer (SVOC) data strategy, including customer identification, data integration, and APIs allowing graceful and efficient access to platform services and capabilities
- Assist with evangelization of the SVOC value and capabilities the team builds to enable efficient client applications that are quick to market
- Accountable for ensuring delivery excellence while maintaining a product over project mindset
- Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process to prioritize and scope future features and capabilities
- Work with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction
- Plan staffing needs and allocations to support the evolving programs, initiatives, and support
- Ensure service levels are understood and supports them being met
- Communicate effectively with IT management, business partners and peers
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels
- Guides technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities
- Leadership of Development Team Members
- Collaborate with portfolio and Enterprise Architecture teams to drive the transformation and delivery of reliable, scalable and highly available products
- Ensure data accuracy and API strategies are planned and executed consistently
- Collaborate with business areas and product owners to understand their needs and ensure effective translation into backlog stories (both user and technical)
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and interpersonal skills to all levels of organization
- Institutionalize governance routines including Quarterly Business Review (QBRs), metrics, and process improvements within the portfolios to elevate the maturity level
- Continuously evaluate areas of opportunity for refinement, and periodically initiate Customer satisfaction surveys with portfolios to elevate overall engagement and delivery
SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 5+ years' experience with leading a team in development/implementation/support of business or mission critical APIs with high volume/throughput
- Experienced working on Agile teams
- Strong solutioning experience on large projects/programs
- Highly adaptable, a driver of change, and capable of quickly rallying teams
- Strong leadership and decision making skills, we want you to develop and nurture relationships quickly despite obstacles
Experience working with diverse teams located across various countries
Strong leader with even stronger communication and collaboration abilities
Willingness to ask for new responsibilities adding value to the overall business objectives
Experience working with Devops model is desirable
Exposure to APIGEE platform preferred
About the company
Is a major American airline, with its headquarters and largest hub at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. The airline along with its subsidiaries operate over 5,400 flights daily and serve an extensive domestic and international network that includes 334 destinations in 64 countries on six continents, as of June 2015.