- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This position focuses on managing financials for Walt Disney Television (WDT) costs and finance project management lead for WDT’s financial systems. The role is ideal for a candidate who possesses strong relationship, process and analytical capabilities and is interested in gaining operational expertise. It is a unique opportunity to work closely with some of the top executives at WDT in supporting the finance needs of their organizations. In addition, the candidate will be instrumental in integrating legacy Fox television cost teams into the Disney infrastructure and be the finance day-to-day lead on the financial systems integration across the expanded organization, which includes the ABC Network, Walt Disney Television Studios, ABC Owned Stations, Disney Channels, Freeform, FX and National Geographic.
Client groups range across teams such as Broadcast Operations to Music and Human Resources. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups with varying levels of financial acumen across WDT, Disney and with executive level partners. Position requires excellent systems, communication and time management skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
Segment cost responsibilities include:
- Manage the execution, financial review, consolidation and presentation of departmental forecast, annual operating plans and long range plan for WDT executives
- Lead in the integration of legacy Fox centralized television costs into the Disney infrastructure
- Team across WDT lines of business, finance and accounting teams on special projects related to costs, allocations and optimization
- Function as primary point of contact for client stakeholders and ensure adequate support for each stakeholder group
- Engage with executives, lines of business and finance partners to provide business consultation and financial guidance that shapes client thinking and supports decision making processes
- Develop and manage professional staff
Financial systems responsibilities include:
- Managing ongoing system upgrades and subsequent phases of existing project workstreams
- Lead system adoption and integration efforts across the expanded WDT portfolio of content, including FX, Nat Geo and TCFTV
- Liaison with, and foster collaboration among, external consultants, internal IT resources, and business unit leads
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization
- Prepare presentations and regular updates to project and executive leadership team on delivery progress, budget reports, and other reporting as required
- Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments
- Escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
- Facilitate adoption and change management by establishing better protocol for onboarding, training, communication and feedback
- Work with business units to develop reporting, new processes and financial models utilizing functionality of the solution
- Support both internal and external audit requests
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Cognos TM1, SAP and BW is a plus.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Education :
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
Preferred Education :
- MBA or CPA preferred
About the company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Specialties: Entertainment, Media, Movies, Resorts, Live Entertainment, Studios, Broadcasting, Theme Parks, Television.