- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position reports to the Managing Director, Investment Operations and has a considerable role in the operational aspects of managing over $40 billion across a broad range of asset classes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage movement of assets within the investment trusts, which total over $40 billion in size. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee custodian processing of recurring transactions, review for accuracy, and resolve issues
- Execute operational aspects of non-recurring transactions including participating in trade process, creating direction for non-recurring transactions and coordinating with relevant parties
- Own and ensure strong cash controls, including reviewing and validating that all cash payments from trusts are valid and appropriate
- Forecast cash positions and upcoming liquidity needs
- Monitor and report on trust expenses
- Ensuring the accuracy of Investment Office portfolio management and risk systems, participate in risk reporting processes, and act as a reporting backup for Sr Manager Investment Risk.
- Create and maintain operational back office performance reports and other ad-hoc reports to the investment team, company executives, and governance committees.
- Develop and participate in initiatives to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of all investment office functions, operational processes, and help resolve operational issues.
- Assist in special projects and special requests as required for the Investment Office
- Monitor investment manager compliance with stated investment guidelines.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field; investment operations experience a plus
• CPA or progress to MBA designation strongly preferred
• Strong analytical skills with ability to synthesize large amount of data from various sources
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, finance, economic practices and performance measurement
• Strong organizational skills and ability to create efficiency in workflow
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
This position reports to the Managing Director, Investment Operations. Position will require robust
analytical abilities, an understanding of accounting or finance, strong relationship skills, and project
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
About the company