- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Be a thought leader both internally and with the customers while developing mutually beneficial Joint Business Plan (JBP) that deliver disproportionate growth to Abbott and the customer.
- Leads the strategy, execution, and change within the organization required for success by motivating and developing a cross-functional team that advances the needs of the customers and shoppers.
- Ability to drive consistent profitable growth and increased market share by managing the complexity of business (forecast, funding, share) with an understanding of the impact across multiple channels including eCommerce.
- Establish or re-establish clear market leadership across businesses. Develop an externally focused, customer and consumer-centric team using insights to choose the right strategies for growth.
- Develop profitable strategic relationships at customers - identifying opportunities to provide value, solving problems, and showing up as a customer-centric strategic partner positioning for mutual growth.
BEST IN CLASS LEADERSHIP
- Ensure that the Team achieves customer and team-specific quotas.
- Deliver strategic and tactical initiatives aligned with Business Unit direction.
- Review and support programs that will increase Gross Margin, Turns, Contribution Margin, etc.
- Achieve territory and national volume sales quotas within established trade funding parameters.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic and tactical business plans by business unit and category.
- Support team with new business opportunities within the assigned accounts.
- Monitor sales results vs. plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate.
- Conduct on-going internal and external team business reviews to measure, evaluate and present sales performance; and provide annually on future growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of customer P&L management. Work with customer and internal teams on account financial management with solid understanding of gross and promo margin management, trade spend efficiency, and overall customer funding management.
- Identify and communicate all new business opportunities to senior leadership.
- Incorporate the tools to help create accurate projections used monthly to assure AN’s financial commitment to stockholders.
- Develop Team business plans that align with AN’s long-range plan (LRP).
- Turn broad strategies into concrete and actionable plans and goals with measurements and owners assigned.
- Prioritize goals, projects and plans appropriately.
- Develop and leverage a thorough knowledge of the customer, the industry and the competitive landscape.
- Identify opportunities for senior management to meet with key customers to discuss AN’s long-range innovations and strategic plans.
- Participate in any customer share groups to increase understanding of broader account environment and identify Abbott opportunities, where available.
- Manage, coach, develop and evaluate performance of team personnel through field visits, meetings and training sessions.
- Establish clear expectations, provide timely, accurate feedback — both positive and negative — and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Recognize, reward and promote people based on their performance, achievement of results and development of competencies.
- Encourage team members to broaden their corporate exposure to all departments that can help drive business volume.
- Coordinate effective use of cross-functional resources to achieve desired outcomes. Possible resources include Supply Chain, Shopper Marketing/Insights, Category Management, Customer Service, Retail Operations, Sales Development, and Brand Marketing.
- Foster effective and open communication from team members with both internal and external information.. Possible information includes competitive intelligence, pricing, assortment, marketing activities and merchandising opportunities/risks, forecast changes and supply issues.
- Participate in field and customer visits with team members.
- 8+ years industry experience with progressive role responsibility
SCOPE OF WORK
- Lead a team of
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.