- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager of Applications, Assignments, and Technology
The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Manager of Applications, Assignments, and Technology.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionResidence Life Position TypeStaff Employment StatusFull Time Grant FundedNo Posting Close Date12/13/19
Manages campus housing application process, room assignments andresidence hall and Greek housing occupancy. Coordinates activities in thedepartment involving applications, assignments and contract agreements. Managesall areas of housing contract completion, the application process, roomassignments and occupancy management. Manages all aspects of residence hallsecurity and assignments from the technology standpoint.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines eligibility for campus housing and assigns students based onmultiple criterion such as eligibility, special interest population membership,gender, academic classification, accommodation needs and personal preference.Communicates with the department and other constituency departments and officesto plan and coordinate the appropriation of rooms to meet future needs.Responsible for the management of a housing waiting list, if demand warrants need for developing and managing alist. Advises front office and other support staff throughout application andassignment processes including contract data entry and answering office telephone calls regarding housing application and assignment questions.
- Interprets and enforces the Housing Contract Lease Agreement. Reviews requests for contract exceptions and appeals ofcontract provisions and lease agreements. Receives and responds to individualconcerns of parents/guardians, students, and interested parties in relation to residential housing contracts, applications, and assignments.
- Manages and coordinates administrative functionsof Fraternity Housing. Directs selection, training and oversight of nine (9)Fraternity Housing House Managers each year. Serves as departmental liaison to the Interfraternity Council and reports on administrative processes and facility maintenance andrepair. Oversees vandalism charges/invoices/payments for the fraternities .Manages chapter rosters and occupancy processes each semester. Edits the annual Fraternity Housing Handbook publication and coordinates dissemination.
- Manages and monitors the residence hall Persona cardaccess security system including functions such as the assignment and encodingof cards for residence halls and resident students; monitoring and assignmentof multiple building access cards for student staff; and the assignmentand monitoring of residence hall card access for University staff and contractors. Assists with establishment and maintenance of records reflecting cost-estimates, workbacklogs, work order data and equipment expenditures related to computer andsoftware technology. Responsible foroversight of working with iTech on telephone issues; working with campus police and the Registrar’s Office on assisting students needing telephone changes.
- Supervises periodic inspection and ordering of technology equipmentaccording to University policies and procedures. Serves as lead facilitatorand/or assists in the management of technology projects including installationof computer technology, surveillance cameras, door hardware, etc. Responsiblefor all facets of the housing automated assignment system (RMS Mercury)including: the installation of updated versions and models; overseescollaboration with University departments on import and export interfaces;working with iTech on implementing work flow, queries, and RMS reporting. Oversees annual in-houseauditing and supervises periodic updates to Asset Works asset-inventoryingprogram for computer and technology equipment in the department. Assists in state audits.
- Serves as a member of the director’s management team. Reviews existingand creates new assignment processes and procedures. Helps forecast optimal bedspace gender composition and advises director and staff about future hallcommunity/floor designation. Also serves on other departmental, division, andinstitutional committees as needed and assigned. Advises departmental liaisonto the housing and dining appeals committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesUtilizes personal computer,typewriter, photocopy machine, calculator, telephone, radio, and Universityvehicle. Also uses standard office equipment such as stapler, staple remover,and scissors.
Ability to read,analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers,clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability tocalculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to applyconcepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solvepractical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situationswhere only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety ofinstructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.