- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
As an Environment Health and Safety (EHS) manager you will have the overall responsibility for developing, implementing and maintaining all contractor EHS management programs. These programs include:
- Establish, maintain and process improve the global Verizon contractor EHS assessment process. Establish supplier EHS performance benchmarks. Vendor manage Verizon's third party EHS assessment supplier. Establish vendor key performance metrics and service level agreements and ensure that supplier meets established targets. Interface with Sourcing, impacted business operations, Legal and suppliers to address suppliers that fail to meet and maintain established EHS benchmarks.
- Establish, implement and maintain a contractor EHS reporting program for incidents and near misses. Develop and implement communication plans to ensure that operations understand contractor reporting requirements and suppliers adhere to those requirements.
- Interface with Sourcing, EHS, Legal, operations and the Supplier Risk Office on all supplier EHS matters.
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve a global contractor safety program that assures that contractors and subcontractors understand and adhere to all regulatory requirements and Verizon EHS contractor requirements.
You will also be responsible for EHS project development, implementation and maintenance of other EHS projects and initiatives as determined by the Verizon EHS leadership team.
You will oversee contingent workers that assist in managing these programs.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Environment, Health or Safety (EHS) field
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in managing contractor EHS programs
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Knowledge of systems, interfaces and databases
- Experience in analytics and dashboard reporting
- Excellent writing skillsTime management optimization skills
Even better if you have:
- Masters of Business Administration
- EHS management experience in a corporate, staff or project role
- Project Management Certification
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.