- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Summary: The Manager of Sales
- Customer Experience, is responsible for business activities as it relates to our retail partners' general experience of working with Core-Mark for the purpose of improving sales, profitability and overall effectiveness.
They will work with Company leadership, internal sales leadership, the sales and marketing team and external retail partners to help grow sales faster and more profitably than the industry, influence adoption of best-in-class category management solutions and support cost leverage initiatives throughout the organization Position Responsibilities:
· Develop detailed knowledge and understanding of Core-Mark's sales strategies and tools.
Comprehensive presentations to Retail partners through Core-Mark's Center of Excellence.
· Create and deliver comprehensive presentations, training materials and facilitate working sessions in support of Core-Mark's strategies and ability to leverage all selling tools.
· Act as subject matter expert for all of Core-Mark's sales strategies with direct responsibility to serve the Center of Excellence.
· Develop solid working knowledge of general Convenience Industry and broader Retail landscape, from a retailer's perspective.
Understand challenges and opportunities, including the latest trends and opportunities.
· Responsible to make sure marketing materials, documentation and other accessible information (website content, online portal data, automated business reviews, etc.) are maintained current and comprehensive.
· Support trade and customer events to include value-added meetings and/ or presentations.
· Provides new ideas to gain market share and grow the Company's sales and profits.
· Maintain working knowledge and use of the Company's internal and external facing systems.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
· BS or BA in Business Administration or related field experience.
· 3+ years' experience in the convenience, grocery, food service, retail or wholesale industry.
· 2+ years' experience working with convenience-based retailers and/ or direct experience as a convenience retailer.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Strong organization and project management skills.
PMP Certification preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to think critically.
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment, to give and receive input, and consider a broad range of perspectives and incorporate such perspectives in making decisions.
· Ability to harness critical thinking skills, communication skills and build credibility.
Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with internal associates, external clients, and vendor partners.Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent knowledge of convenience, grocery, food service, retail and wholesale industry.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Core-Mark Benefits: At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family.
That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family.
As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include: Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees At Core-Mark we are a family.
We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential.
It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE.
STRENGTHENED BY ALL.