- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES - KANSAS - MCPHERSON
The Manager Operations Automated Visual Inspection is a role within McPherson Operations supporting technical business needs related to all aspects of visual inspection operations. This role partners with the business units on new product/processes including development, implementation, and life-cycle management phases). This role will also partner with Quality Investigations on issue resolution including (root-cause analysis and CAPA development and execution). Additionally, this role will lead continuous improvement activities including (cost improvement initiatives and Operational reliability).
Manager Operations- role to include:
- Provides technical expertise on project teams which include: development, cost improvement, reliability, and other operation key projects.
- Actively identify and implement improvements in manufacturing procedures or processes.Apply operational excellence tools supporting continuous improvement to deliver measurable gains/efficiencies.
- Direct and support feasibility line trials, engineering runs, batch documentation generation/updates, validation studies, regulatory submission data, and commercial launch planning.
- Liaison between project team and Operational functional leaders.
- Assist the department managers with strategic initiatives and projects.
- Support manufacturing in trouble-shooting investigations and owning CAPA to prevent recurrence.
- Serves as department subject matter expert for projects, investigations, and root-cause analysis.
- Represents the manufacturing department on global network teams.
- Preferred BS in Engineering or BS in a related technical discipline.
- Preferred 6+ years of pharmaceutical experience in Operations, Engineering; 8+ years in other Manufacturing/Operations or Engineering.
- Preferred: Knowledge of cGMPs and manufacturing procedures and standards.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in influencing and motivating teams without a direct authority, presenting data, and stakeholder management.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office programs, including MS Project or equivalent.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 27, 2019
- Eligible for Relocation
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
1 (First Shift) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
About the company
Pfizer, is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, New York, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies by revenues.
Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology. Pfizer's products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia); Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil, for erectile dysfunction); and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.