- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SHIFT: No Weekends
Bayshore Medical Center
- Pasadena, TX
Manager of Case Management
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, Bayshore Medical Center offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures.
As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
Bayshore Medical Center is currently looking for a Manager of Case Management.
The Case Management Department coordinates the dissemination of information for acute care patients who are transferred to other facilities.
· The Manager of Case Management is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24)
- Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit.
· The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
· The Nurse Manager establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at Bayshore Medical Center.
· The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Nurse Manager into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Bachelor degree required, BSN
- Two years supervisory or management experience required
- Three to five years previous case management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare IPPS rules and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of case management, discharge planning, and utilization review practices and ability to incorporate current trends successfully
- Must be proficient to expert in use of software conducive to developing and presenting program deliverables including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have strong clinical, analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with a focus on the importance of teamwork
- Registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Case Management certification desirable
- Current CPR course completion
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.