- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything (IOE) is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Assuring quality of solutions to manage millions of endpoints for unreliable links in secure way, testing solutions that manage networks on a factory floor and robots or designing management solution for devices that are on the move. Be part of this revolution at an early stage and shape the industry future.
Cisco is looking for an exceptional hands-on software Test/QA manager who can build and technical lead a team to help develop network management system (NMS) for various Internet of Things (IOT) verticals. If you are passionate, hard-working, take pride in building quality software applications and like to excel in what you do, you are the right fit for this position.
* Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
* 10+ years of professional experience in software Test/QA
* 5+ Years prior experience of technical leading a team
* 3+ Years managing test teams
* Excellent knowledge of Cisco Products would be a big plus
* Good understanding of networking technologies
* Hands on setting up lab networks
* Prior experience in testing web application solutions at scale
* Prior experience in developing test automation tools for on-premise and SAAS products
* Experience with cloud
* Good understanding of databases
* Prior experience with public cloud platforms would be a plus
* Prior experience of Agile process would be a plus
* Excellent communication skills and team work
* Good experience in hiring and managing high performing teams
As a Software Quality Assurance Manager you would:
* Hire and mentor high performing and committed team
* Provide vision and guidance to software test team for delivering best of class IOT Software products
* Champion strategies to deliver very high quality and scalabale software products
* Actively participate in functional specifications and design reviews
* Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
* Replicate customer networks in lab to reproduce field issues
* Find, document, and track bugs through resolution
* Work with cross functional teams, customers, support, services and marketing team to root cause issues and understand customer needs
* Work with documentation team in developing online help and appropriate documentation for various features
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.