- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Manager, Strategic Development
Strategy & Business Development
Entertainment & Lifestyle Group
In this role, the Manager of Strategic Development will develop and assist in implementation of strategic initiatives across the ELG portfolio. Working closely with Entertainment & Lifestyle network brands and studios, NBCUniversal corporate stakeholders and commercial partners, this position will help analyze new market trends, formulate operating initiatives, and pursue investment and joint venture opportunities. This position will also play a key role in analyzing business performance and decision support. The Manager of Strategic Development will report to the SVP of ELG Strategic Development
Help identify, develop, and implement business opportunities across and within the ELG network brands & studios portfolio
Drive analysis on acquisition, investment, joint venture, and other business initiatives
Partner with ELG portfolio companies to execute on integration and expansion plans
Preparation of market overviews, competitive benchmarking, financial valuation and evaluation of potential new business opportunities, partnerships, acquisition targets and other strategic growth initiatives
Work closely with team members and internal stakeholders to synthesize key conclusions and/or recommendations as well as frame and design presentations for senior level management
• 3+ years of media business development and/or investment banking experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must be a creative, strategic thinker, with a passion for the cable television business
• Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis (developing financial models, analyzing financial statements, etc.)
• Strong written and oral communicator with highly-developed interpersonal skills who can work across various departments – programming, ad sales, etc.
• Solid understanding of the various cable TV networks and studio businesses and marketplace
• Self-starter, working independently as well as collaboratively through real and virtual teams, thriving on new challenges in a fast-paced team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.