- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We have an opening on the Strategy Planning & Analytics team covering Experiences Business Unit and are looking for a Manager to join the SP&A team to focus on financial planning and analysis. You will be a critical member of a small team supporting the BU In this highly visible role and will have the opportunity to drive meaningful strategic initiatives by working closely with senior leaders across the company.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb and our community. We seek versatile thinkers who can structure and analyze a variety of business problems. You will collaborate frequently with Head of Product, Operations, Marketing and Corporate FP&A Team.
- Drive the strategic planning cycle to develop robust operating and budgeting plans.
- Own monthly performance reporting around key metrics. Collaborate with data science, operations leads, product managers, and finance to understand how product and ops changes impact performance
- Define new metrics and build dashboards to provide better visibility into business performance and improve forecast accuracy
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence long term changes to the business
Your key initiatives include:
- Drive the annual strategic and financial planning cycle, including goal-setting, product roadmap prioritization, and resourcing
- Own monthly performance reporting around key metrics. Dig into how product and ops changes impact performance
- Define new metrics and build dashboards to provide better visibility into business performance
- Own the financial forecast models and monthly close process. Partner with Accounting and Corporate FP&A to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
- Serve as the point of contact to our business partners for financial operations, such as managing cost center changes, approving purchase requisitions, and providing GAAP and management reporting to senior leadership across the business
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence long term changes to the business, such as interviewing industry experts (expert calls) on best practices, shadowing frontline agents, etc
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university
- 8+ years of relevant experience in business analytics, corporate finance role, FP&A role
- Proficiency with SQL and data visualization software (Tableau) or a willingness to learn
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Proficiency with Keynote or PowerPoint
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow; team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and make actionable recommendations
- Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.