- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California \r\n \r\n Content \r\n Production \r\n \r\n Manager, Studio Logistics & Physical Assets \r\n Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 139 million paid members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Manager of Studios Logistics & Physical Assets is a newly created role to support Netflix productions globally. Studio Logistics recently merged with Physical Assets to offer a robust production services solution; thus the successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of global logistics, compliance, and physical inventory management. The position in integral to the success and growth of the department, and more broadly to the fiscal health of productions by leveraging assets globally.
The successful candidate will thrive in ambiguity and seize the opportunity of this newly created global role. They will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organizational success and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is an agile and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment. S/he will be culturally astute and have the empathy, business savvy, and communication skills to effectively partner around the world.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to provide logistical support for: Tech Ops, DPAD, Post-Production, VFX, Physical Production and Marketing, both domestically and internationally
- Disseminate carrier scorecards and monitor overall performance against scorecard goals/expectations
- Drive improvements in order to lower cost and increased service
- Plan long-term strategy in order to support organization meetings its targets
- Collaborate with Trade Compliance and Legal groups to successfully build-out, execute and manage preferred vendor program, onboard international hires and adopt trade management software
- Experience managing a portfolio of global vendors, driving supply chain efficiencies and executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Develop metrics for Key Performance Indicators to monitor shipments and service performance
- Familiarity with inventory management software solutions
- Collaborate with Finance department to analyze freight, shipping and import costs and future investments to support global asset storage hubs
- Identify and negotiate deals with international physical asset-related vendors to support regional production \r\n Responsibilities \r\n
- 10+ years experience in logistics/supply-chain/asset inventory management, within the entertainment or high-tech industry
- Must thrive and enjoy working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment
- Support a global organization and ability to support the business in time zones around the world
- Innovative thinker that constantly challenges process and how to improve efficiency
- Strong ability to negotiate fee and pricing terms with local, national and international couriers
- Knowledge and proficiency in transportation and/or inventory management system \r\n Requirements \r\n
About the company
Netflix is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media available to viewers in all of Australia, New Zealand, South America, Japan, North America and parts of Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom), and of flat rate DVD-by-mail in the United States, where mailed DVDs and Blu-ray are sent via Permit Reply Mail. The company was established in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It started its subscription-based service in 1999. By 2009, Netflix was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.