- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
The Technical Education and Development Team is responsible for a large number of technical learning and professional development programs across several offices at Airbnb including Engineering and Data Science onboarding, Data University, and Tech Talks. Our mission is to empower professional growth within the technical community. We partner with technical leaders and individual contributors to offer access to technical information and training that employees need to do their jobs and to grow professionally. We approach this goal holistically, taking into account the journey from candidate to new hire to employee, offering resources to attract, engage, and promote talent.
As Technical Education and Development Program Manager, you will lead a team of Program and Project Managers to support existing programs and create new ones that serve our expanding global technical teams in Engineering, Data Science, and IT departments.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Technical Education and Development team
- Creates, conducts, and analyzes needs assessment to determine and prioritize organizational needs
- Maintains a keen understanding of technology training trends, development, and best practices
- Provide a holistic vision and strategy to align resources between our numerous programs and Program Managers
- Partner with key stakeholders around the company
- Support program managers to scale programs as our technical teams grow
- Provides direct feedback and coaching to team members to aid in the refinement of existing skills and development of new skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as an organizational lead
- Demonstrated ability to provide coaching and mentorship to team members
- 5+ years experience as a people leader
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Exposure to modern learning platforms (e.g., Degreed)
- Lesson and curriculum design skills
- Background in Technical Program Management or other technical role
- 10+ years experience in a Training or Learning & Development role