- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Storm Lake
We currently have a need for a Manager, Technical Services position that oversees the Technical Services group that encompasses Alarm Systems and Key Control.
As a Manager, Technical Services you would be responsible for maintaining the physical integrity, reliability and safety of the physical alarms systems and Key Control assets throughout Walt Disney World. In addition to leading the Technical Services team towards this objective, you must effectively leverage internal resources and external contractors, to help solve difficult troubleshooting solutions and/or date sensitive project completions.
The Manager, Technical Services leads an organization of salaried leaders and hourly technicians that are both highly skilled and diversified. This team of 55 has an annual operating budget that ranges from $6M to $10M. The safety of the Cast and Guests is the manager's first priority. The position requires a person to be nimble in thought and execution, be effective in leadership, management, have a strong technical aptitude and have strong relationship skills. To be successful, a manager must be able to provide the team with a vision and inspire them to achieve it. They will also have a strong understanding of the day-to-day operation and dive in where necessary to help manage the detail. They are required to execute multiple priorities on a daily basis and must be able to switch gears quickly.
As a leader, you set vision and priorities for the organization and invest your time based on a combination of data, past experience, and intuition. It should be stressed that a manager must fly high and dive into the weeds. There is no typical day for this position. A successful manager will thrive in a fast paced environment with ever changing demands. At the same time, they keep their eye on the vision they set for the organization and constantly move their team in that direction. The Walt Disney World resort has operations that are ongoing 24/7 and 365 days of the year. As such, the managers responsibilities will require them to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
The Manager, Technical Services is a leader of leaders and reports to the Vice President of Reedy Creek Energy Services and Site Services at Walt Disney World and is a part of a diverse and dynamic team.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please apply today!
Management and Leadership
- Develop and implement safety strategies that continue to improve the safety of Guests and Cast to promote a safety culture where No One Gets Hurt
- Establish a vision for your team that fosters innovation and delivers continual improvement
- Effectively manage financial resources including responsibility for the annual operating plan and the capex program
- Approach high priority problems with a sense of urgency and create a culture within your team that applies that same urgency to problem solving and implementation
- Hold teams accountable for performance that meets or exceeds expectations and aligns with organizational vision
- Engage with cast and customers in the field daily
- Respond to significant events (attraction downtimes, facility outages)
- Know your operation and teach it to your cast members. Mentor, train and coach cast members on how to perform their job safely and effectively
- Translate reports and data in which Cast Members are able to take action and improve performance
- Understand the union contract and administer the guidelines fairly and consistently
- Effectively manage projects including, scope development, budgeting, resource management, scheduling and communication
- Inspect quality of completed preventive maintenance and reconcile to job plans
- Demonstrate and apply strong computer skills and embrace technology
- Continuously seek innovative solutions to technical challenges
- Create a culture that produces high performance teams by actively participating, cultivating and developing relationships and maintaining positive relationships with union representatives
Basic Qualifications :
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels in the organization
- License - State of Florida Electrical Fire Unlimited or Electrical Contractor
- Certification - NICET
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with fire alarm systems
- Experience with various types of Siemens and Edwards System Technologies (EST) fire alarm panels
- Strong understanding of alarm software and reporting
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contract documents, including all disciplines of fire alarm drawings and specifications. Ability to write, plan, coordinate and make presentations to individuals and groups using all manners and methods
- Must be well versed in off premise monitoring
- Must be familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) to create, work with, and modify spreadsheets and databases for the monitoring of project performance, write project correspondence, price changes, prepare budgets and projections
- Experienced in financial management
- Knowledge of basic electronic door access
- 7 or more years of experience in related field
Required Education :
- A completed BS degree in a technical field of study is required
Preferred Education :
- While a post graduate degree in a technical field of study is desired