- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager of Technology Field Services, you will provide leadership and support to the organization in implementing and supporting technology solutions. Additionally, you will lead and provide direction for technology applications, communications (voice and data), and computing services at assigned properties. You will also ensure that the implementation of technology is aligned with the overall technical vision of the corporation, meet the business requests of the hotels and streamline operations while adhering to hardware and software standards.
Additional responsibilities include serving as a technical resource to the property executive team and assisting in the escalation of complex IT issues and projects. You will effectively communicate with the executive teams of our managed and owned properties, run technology-related projects, support and deliver IT Systems and processes to align with Corporate and Brand IT standards. You will review and approve all IT purchase orders and/or invoices, contracts and budgets as defined by IT procurement and processes.
You will also handle all projects and related functions for new openings and transformations of full-service owned and managed properties, as well as lead an internal organization of Technical Field Service technicians, staffing levels and succession planning while fostering a culture of customer service.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist in setting the technical vision of regional properties.
- Research and select business opportunities for technology and reports findings and conclusions to prepare status report of your activities for your hotels.
- Establish priorities and delegate work accordingly, while optimizing resources.
- Work with key partners and departments, structuring the resources and activities so objectives are accomplished.
- Disseminate, organize and communicate regarding assignments and projects within upper management.
- Handle the objectives for the team and how those objectives are going to be accomplished.
- Implement and run IT Field Service departmental processes and procedures to ensure goals and procedures are carried out in accordance with objectives.
- Lead the development and administration of hotel IT systems.
- Provide direction to the IT team members in the performance of their duties, establish work priorities and achieve management objectives.
- Direct staff (i.e., direct reports, team members) to accomplish the organization''s mission, goals and objectives through motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership.
- Handle third party vendor relationships. This includes identifying preferred vendors as well as negotiating and monitoring quality and cost of services.
- Craft positive partnerships with preferred vendors, corporate IT, and hotel team members.
- Provide direction and leadership to team members within the defined IT support functions.
- Complete annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Collaborate with HR on the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, and developing of his/her team members.
- Work with direct reports to help set goals to assist in accomplishing Department initiatives and assess actual performance against standards to determine whether the team (i.e., department, team, project) is on target to reach goals and take corrective measures as necessary.
- Conduct staff and user training sessions, as required.
- Oversee proper controls to ensure that hotels align with SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements as well as corporate brand standards and report compliancy issues immediately.
- Own and lead IT-related projects (i.e., process, function, assets, etc.)
- Support the Culture of Learning initiatives and other organizational training.
- Carry out policies and procedures that will improve the operation and efficiency of the Department and Company.
- Operate within established budgetary parameters.
- Serve as administrator of team website. This involves ensuring team updates and maintaining documentation for each property.
- Monitor support tickets to ensure issues are being resolved in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Superb attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Nurtures effective working relationships with Team Members inside and outside your department
- Motivation to perform all your tasks with enthusiasm, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possess adaptability to change while operating with minimal supervision to allow you to thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Ability to be flexible, respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the action of any tasks requested of you and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Leaders, who provide mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example
- Communicators like you, who will positively influence Hilton''s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems, exhibiting your fine attention for detail
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years in Information Technology experience or related field
- Two (2) years technical work experience in Hospitality, Operations, or IT Support
- Travel throughout the region - up to 25%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- AA/AS Associate''s Degree and/or BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree in technology or a related field
- Nine (9) years professional experience in technology or related field
- Five (5) years technical work experience in Hospitality, Operations, or IT Support
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Communication fluency in both English and Spanish
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment preferably in an environment with more than 50 nodes and two (2) or more domains. (Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications; applicable Microsoft network admin certifications (MCSA or MCSE)
- Experience with these Hospitality related applications/systems: PMS, POS, Keycard, PBX, Voicemail
- Proficiency with solving hardware/software problems
- Cisco or Microsoft application certifications (e.g., MCSA, MCSE, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world''s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!