- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Palm Desert
Summary: The Manager in Training (MIT) position is expected tobe a short-term transitional role that provides both work assignments and trainingopportunities to prepare MITs to be promoted into Retail/Commercial StoreManagement positions. From the date of entry into the AutoZone MIT program, itmay be possible to progress to a management position within approximately 8-12weeks, depending on the prior experience and performance of the MIT.
Responsibilities: An MIT is a member of the management team. As a memberof management, an MIT will be expected to Live The Pledge, deliver WOW! CustomerService, and drive store execution and performance. Under the supervision ofthe Store Manager, the MIT will maintain an engaged, productivestore team through strong leadership, demonstrating initiative and leading byexample.
The MIT is responsible for supporting the Store Managerin the overall operation of the store to include:
- Overall store retail/commercial management,supervision, and policy implementation
- Financial management – manage,analyze and reconcile monthly P&L statements
- Employee staffing, training, anddevelopment
- Inventory management
- Customer service leadership MITs are also responsible for completing operations andmanagement skills training, and learning about key aspects of the business and AutoZoneculture. MITs must maintain satisfactory performance and must demonstrateconsistent progression through the training program in order to remain in thepipeline role and be considered for management openings.
Note: Selection for the MIT position does not guaranteepromotion into a Store Manager/Commercial Sales Manager position. Whether andwhen an MIT is actually promoted to management is dependent on a variety offactors, including but not limited to performance and availability of managementopenings.
- 1 -2 years of previous experience as a retail manager orsupervisor
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, includingmorning, night and weekend shifts, and to work overtime as needed
- Bilingualpreferred, but not required
- Previousautomotive experience preferred, but not required
- Previousexperience analyzing company financials including Profit and Loss Statementpreferred, but not required
About the company