- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Abbott Point of Care is a global leader in providing critical medical diagnostic and informatics products for rapid blood analysis that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective. Our i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making as well as optimize resource utilization for our customers and the patients that they serve. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for respiratory, metabolic, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac function. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, on just a few drops of blood, our i-STAT System fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance.
- Responsible for providing direct support to the manufacturing line.
- Oversee repair of in-process and customer returned product and conduct failure analysis on returned product to determine root cause of failure mode.
- Prepare technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to support investigational activities.
- Ability to work with electronic test equipment and components, including, but not limited to multimeters, oscilloscopes, counters, resistors, capacitors, transistors.
- Understands and interprets electrical schematics, drawings, and component technical specification documents.
- Develop troubleshooting and repair procedures and tools.
- Responsible for planning and conducting small-sized assigned projects requiring conventional types of plans to support on-market manufacturing and new product introduction as required;
- Understands and implements site and departmental procedures as they apply to design changes to ensure compliance to the procedures;
- Participate and/or assist other engineers in tasks by applying standard engineering principles and methods to interpret problems, create/modify designs, draw conclusions, and recommend options for solutions;
- Ability to work on problems that may be simple in scope;
- Prepares and reviews project documentation under general supervision, using manager as a resource;
- Budgets own time to carry out assigned duties;
- Responsible for own documentation, and for its accuracy, quality, timeliness and compliance to site procedures;
- Responsible for arranging meetings with necessary personnel to obtain information/documentation needed for project completion;
- Adjusts communication style and medium (verbal, written, or electronic) to meet the needs of the end reader; summarizes data using the appropriate level of language and detail for the end reader;
- Provides accurate and complete information;
- Prepares written information in a clear and concise fashion;
- Represents the department to other areas of the division in a professional manner;
- BS – Engineering (preferably Electrical or Mechanical, or a closely related discipline)
- 0 - 2 years of engineering and/or operational experience
- Experienced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access) user.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations is a preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
DIVISION:APOC Point of Care
LOCATION:United States Princeton : 400 College Road East
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.