- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Salt Lake City
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer I or II to join our growing team!
This engineer works within a manufacturing engineering team and/or a project team– generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. senior/principal engineer, manufacturing engineering manager, and/or project manager). This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of manufacturing engineering and any other expertise that might be held by this particular individual. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General: uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of manufacturing engineering.
- Description: Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of well-defined engineering problems.
- Works on: problems of limited scope and complexity. Generally works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives moderate oversight form a Senior or Principal Engineer, not eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, does not provide mentoring for other engineers, receives mentoring from Senior and Principal Engineers.
- Compliance: Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System. Minimum Qualifications
Training and Education:
B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
In lieu of B.S., Associates Degree and 10+ years experience in engineering and/or electro-mechanical troubleshooting and continuous improvement experience required
Manufacturing Engineer I:
- Experience in a related field, including performance consistent with said experience preferred. Manufacturing Engineer II:
- 2+ years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience. Skills:
- Experience with the following is preferred:Process ValidationLean/Six Sigma & SPC, including root cause investigation and data analysisElectro-mechanical TroubleshootingPneumaticsSolidworksGD&TMaterials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)Electrical SchematicsMachining (esp. CNC)
About the company