- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking a high caliber Manufacturing Engineer II. This position will provide engineering support to existing co-polymer resin manufacturing processes, equipment, and facility to meet daily production schedules while improving product quality, consistency and productivity.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplishgoals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Engineering support which includes material and process characterization, process improvements, new production equipment, and cost reductions
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers and technicians
- Support Process FMEAs and Process Validations
- Improve product quality, labor efficiency, and throughput through the use of Lean manufacturing concepts
- Individual should:
- Be innovative, resourceful, and work with minimal direction
- Have excellent organization, problem solving, communication, and team leadership skills
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Utilize Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and lead cross-functional team to resolve product quality issues
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Chemical Engineer, Materials Engineer, Plastics Engineer or any engineering or technical degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability in team settings
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Co-polymer resin manufacturing preferred
- Medical device experience preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States Minnesota : 19725 S Diamond Lake Rd #120
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- lean manufacturing
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.