- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton's Fluid&Electrical Distribution Divisionis currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Technician to joinour team. This position is based at ourGlenolden, PA facility.
TheManufacturing Engineer Technician'sprimary function is advanced trouble shooting of electronic quality issues(assembly and test), test box creation and maintenance, and LabVIEW support forproduction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takesthe passion of every employee around the world. We created an environmentwhere creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and everyday. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential - and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will trouble shoot all electronic quality issues.
- You will Inventory/maintainall production test boxes,identify boxes that present risk to operations due to design, lack if back-upor alternative test method, or potential to have a falsepositive.
- You will improve test box design to poka yoke falsepositives and allow for calibration, as applicable.
- You will develop a process to catalog / maintain flashdrives / identify information (data) used on these drives. Evaluateprocess for potential alternatives to eliminate need for flashdrives.
- You will provide LabVIEW floor support.
- You will design and build single or multi-channel test boxesfor production and create schematics and mechanical drawings for testboxes.
- You will set-up and operate vibration tables.
- You will perform failure analysis on customer returns todetermine root cause of failure. Draft, repair and perform ATP(Acceptance Test Procedure).
When we embrace the different ideas,perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individualsand as a company - are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equalemployment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employmentdecisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants' race,color, religion, protected veteran status, or any other status protected bylaw.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of two year technical degree in electronics,mechanical or electrical engineering
- Minimumof 5 years’ experience in electro-mechanicalmanufacturing
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Onlycandidates that currently reside with the immediate geographical area of Glenolden,PA (50 miles) will be considered.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in theUnited States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access tohardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms regulations(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning ofITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident(I.e. 'green Card Holder'), Political Asylee or refugee.
- Must be able to work without company sponsorship.
- Certain duties performed by this role require this positionto be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certification and aresubject to DOT drug testing.
- LabVIEW software knowledge
- CAD / Catia knowledge
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of DC (Direct Current) circuits.
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, function generators, Ohmmeters, basic electronics testing
- Familiarity with programming structures such as if/then,case, while
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No