- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will coordinate the development and implementation of systems starting with the manufacturability of prime products at the concept / design stage through the various manufacturing process to the shipment of the product. This includes facility design, construction, and maintenance activities as well as the planning, developing, and implementing systems for new lean processes. Reporting to the incumbent are various levels of manufacturing engineering supervisors and technical staff positions. You will work directly with the Operations Manager providing manufacturing expertise in: manufacturing, assembly, materials & logistics, planning support, project management methodology/processes/tools.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Building related upgrades and both factory and office layouts
* Work with manufacturing managers and facility manager to provide timely replacement and upgrades of equipment at a competitive cost
* Maintain the capital expenditure planning and execution, which includes budgeting and working with accounting
* Develop tooling and NC Programming for all current and new components
* Develop all programming for new machines, processes and products
* Coordinate the programming/tooling/equipment aspects for NPI projects
* Manage and lead NPI & NSI changes through the various facility teams to ensure products are integrated at the factory with minimal safety, quality, velocity, and cost impact.
* Manage and coordinate timelines for facility projects, NPI, NSI, and occur on-time and with minimal delays.
* Collaborate with ITDD Advanceteam to manage Heat Treat and Met Lab services ensuring efficient and necessary support to manufacturing areas
* Develop standard work and ensure systems capability to deliver work instructions to the factory floor.
* Ensure and implement new technologies as well as continual improvements on the various processes to improve quality and reduce costs
* Develop (CPPD) methodology and provide the required support resources
* Support corporate initiatives such as 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, certification, etc.
* Complete the installation of all machinery and equipment related to facility transformation and be accountable for all machinery moves and facility rearrangement
* Provide performance management, direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for subordinates
* Degree or experience in engineering or manufacturing background
* Familiarity with company manufacturing facilities, processes, systems, equipment and processes.
* Knowledge of shop operations and manufacturing execution systems
* College or university degree or equivalent experience
* 8 to 12 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with various levels of the organization
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Good communication and collaboration skills.
* Degree in Engineering
** Additional: Relocation is offered
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
- lean manufacturing
- ms project
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.