- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Heath,Ohio,United States DAKUMM Boeing’s Missile and Weapon Systems division is seeking an experienced manufacturing manager (Level M) to serve as plant manager for the Heath, OH site. The Heath Ohio site is comprised primarily of Boeing’s Guidance Repair Center which specializes in repair and sustainment of guidance systems used in many aerospace products but also supports multiple BDS divisions in fabrication and assembly of components for various platforms.
The successful candidate will be charged with developing a high-performing team and production system at the site through leverage of the Boeing behaviors and the Boeing Production System.
- Develop a proactive safety culture.
- Develop a Global Industrial Champion manufacturing culture and environment through leverage of “Be Boeing” behaviors
- Meet or exceed daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety, quality, and delivery and cost targets
- Establish manufacturing strategy, mature manufacturing capabilities in alignment with that strategy, and proactively market those capabilities in an effort to maximize business base within Heath
- Improve quality and drive enhanced production capability by eliminating the sources of rework
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement in all areas of business.
- Develop and execute integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret US Security Clearance Post Start, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance (post-start)
- Working experience in Safety, Quality, Operations Management, or other manufacturing based discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a formal management role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing Lean continuous improvement processes in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience analyzing data, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for value stream improvements that resulted in improved business position through culture transformation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management, and a track record of executing high-impact cost reduction and affordability projects.
- Ability to travel 10%
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- MBA, Masters in Engineering, Masters in Supply Chain Management
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Lean Manufacturing experience in an automotive or aerospace industry
- Experience and working knowledge of employee involvement and employee engagement strategies
- Experience in implementation and maturation of manufacturing production systems
Yes, 10 % of the Time Operations Manager with Direct Reports No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company